Gas prices expected to jump in California
NEW YORK (KGO) -- Brace yourself for another likely jump in gas prices. But what's so aggravating about this increase is that prices are dropping throughout the rest of the country, only Californians are paying more.
The price has jumped 16 cents in California in the last week and experts are saying it will go up 20 cents more in the next few days. The problem is only a few refineries make a special gas blend that is needed for California. Also, three of five Bay Area refineries needed to make that blend are closed for maintenance.
According to a AAA report, the average price for a gallon of gas in California is $4.25 today, yesterday it was $4.21. In San Francisco the average is $4.33, in San Jose $4.27 and in Oakland it's $4.26.
gas prices, oil, business, terry mcsweeney
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 58 min ago
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36 21 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 41 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 34 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage 21 min ago
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
21 min ago