2 Greenpeace members arrested outside Apple HQ
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- Greenpeace activists blocked the entrance to Apple headquarters Tuesday.
Activists dressed as iPhones paraded in front of the Cupertino campus, demanding that Apple power its iCloud with clean energy instead of coal. Two people were arrested.
Greenpeace says more than 215,000 people have signed their "Clean our Cloud" petition since they launched their campaign last month.
Apple says 60 percent of its power at its North Carolina data center will soon come from a solar array it's building near the site.
cupertino, apple, iphone, business
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 50 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 30 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose 33 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
11 min ago