Kleiner Perkins loses key argument in discrimination suit
Leading venture capital firm, Kleiner Perkins, has lost a key argument in a sex discrimination suit.
A judge has ruled that the Silicon Valley financier can't force a junior partner to take her complaint to binding arbitration. It's a win for Ellen Pao who brought the lawsuit.
The ruling increases the chances of the case settling out of court for millions of dollars.
On the plus side for Kleiner Perkins, it allows the venture capitalist to keep sensitive compensation details confidential.
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Shooting in Oakland kills 1, injures another 50 min ago
- Crews battle fire at inner Mission apartment building 10 min ago
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 31 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos