Kleiner Perkins loses key argument in discrimination suit
Leading venture capital firm, Kleiner Perkins, has lost a key argument in a sex discrimination suit.
A judge has ruled that the Silicon Valley financier can't force a junior partner to take her complaint to binding arbitration. It's a win for Ellen Pao who brought the lawsuit.
The ruling increases the chances of the case settling out of court for millions of dollars.
On the plus side for Kleiner Perkins, it allows the venture capitalist to keep sensitive compensation details confidential.
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown