Bay Area rent prices hitting highest point ever
So it may be time to stop renting. A new report from REALFACTS, a rental information service, shows that Bay Area rents are hitting their highest levels ever.
San Francisco apartment renters are now paying an average of $2,700 a month, up 13 percent from a year ago. Rents in Oakland and San Jose are running upwards of $1,800. And you can expect to pay more than $1,600 in Walnut Creek.
REALFACTS attributes the high rents to the fact that many people still can't get home loans, or aren't confident about their jobs and aren't willing to buy.
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
19 min ago