Bay Area rent prices hitting highest point ever
So it may be time to stop renting. A new report from REALFACTS, a rental information service, shows that Bay Area rents are hitting their highest levels ever.
San Francisco apartment renters are now paying an average of $2,700 a month, up 13 percent from a year ago. Rents in Oakland and San Jose are running upwards of $1,800. And you can expect to pay more than $1,600 in Walnut Creek.
REALFACTS attributes the high rents to the fact that many people still can't get home loans, or aren't confident about their jobs and aren't willing to buy.
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 7 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday