Report: Apple interested in Twitter investment
Apple may be interested in a stake in Twitter.
According to The New York Times, Apple has talked with Twitter recently about making a strategic investment.
The company has reportedly considered an investment in the hundreds of millions of dollars. That could value Twitter at more than $10 billion, considerably more than its $8.5 billion valuation last year.
Apple is not a big player in social networking, and as we all know, social media is increasingly influencing how people spend their time and money.
apple, twitter, social media, internet, business
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 29 min ago
- Preliminary 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California 48 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders 26 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San... 40 min ago
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- America's Cup teams practice on San...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos