Report: Apple interested in Twitter investment
Apple may be interested in a stake in Twitter.
According to The New York Times, Apple has talked with Twitter recently about making a strategic investment.
The company has reportedly considered an investment in the hundreds of millions of dollars. That could value Twitter at more than $10 billion, considerably more than its $8.5 billion valuation last year.
Apple is not a big player in social networking, and as we all know, social media is increasingly influencing how people spend their time and money.
apple, twitter, social media, internet, business
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea 10 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Fan hit in the head with a bottle at Candlestick Park 45 min ago
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 52 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday