Microsoft working on robo-boss
Goofing off at work when your boss is gone on vacation could become a thing of the past.
Microsoft is building a camera-mounted moving robot for bosses so they can keep an eye on their employees when they are not in the office.
The robot is also being equipped with a high-definition screen so you can interact with your boss through Web cams. Eventually the robot's wheels will be motorized, so you can stroll the hallways alongside your robotic boss.
Like many of Microsoft's research projects, the robo-boss may never see the light of day.
Similar robots that aren't as advanced as the Microsoft project can cost up to $10,000.
microsoft, robots, business
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation 29 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault 57 min ago
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 17 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 18 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
18 min ago
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to...
29 min ago