Microsoft working on robo-boss
Goofing off at work when your boss is gone on vacation could become a thing of the past.
Microsoft is building a camera-mounted moving robot for bosses so they can keep an eye on their employees when they are not in the office.
The robot is also being equipped with a high-definition screen so you can interact with your boss through Web cams. Eventually the robot's wheels will be motorized, so you can stroll the hallways alongside your robotic boss.
Like many of Microsoft's research projects, the robo-boss may never see the light of day.
Similar robots that aren't as advanced as the Microsoft project can cost up to $10,000.
microsoft, robots, business
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 48 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos