Microsoft working on robo-boss
Goofing off at work when your boss is gone on vacation could become a thing of the past.
Microsoft is building a camera-mounted moving robot for bosses so they can keep an eye on their employees when they are not in the office.
The robot is also being equipped with a high-definition screen so you can interact with your boss through Web cams. Eventually the robot's wheels will be motorized, so you can stroll the hallways alongside your robotic boss.
Like many of Microsoft's research projects, the robo-boss may never see the light of day.
Similar robots that aren't as advanced as the Microsoft project can cost up to $10,000.
microsoft, robots, business
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday