Hundreds turn out for second day of Target job fair
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Jobseekers lined up in San Francisco Friday morning for the second day of a job fair for city's first Target store.
1,000 people were interviewed Thursday at the Metreon complex at Fourth and Mission streets. About 100 of them landed a job.
Target is looking to hire 300 people total to work at its new store opening at the Metreon in October. The job fair continues until 7 p.m. Friday and runs again Saturday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
target, jobs, economy, retail, business
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado 50 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area 32 min ago
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area 10 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
40 min ago