Nike to sell high-tech $300 shoe
Nike is about to do something it's never done before -- sell a shoe for more than $300.
The LeBron X Nike Plus basketball sneaker is a high-tech shoe that will reportedly have sensors that measure how high the wearer jumps. Reports say it will sell for $315, a price Nike won't confirm or deny.
Despite the enormous price tag, Nike expects huge demand and is working to prevent the chaos and violence that has marred other shoe releases. This time around, Nike won't allow retailers to stage midnight sales events.
The exact release date hasn't been announced.
nike, celebrity, business
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Wind wreaks havoc across the Bay Area
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related 8 min ago
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday