Nike to sell high-tech $300 shoe
Nike is about to do something it's never done before -- sell a shoe for more than $300.
The LeBron X Nike Plus basketball sneaker is a high-tech shoe that will reportedly have sensors that measure how high the wearer jumps. Reports say it will sell for $315, a price Nike won't confirm or deny.
Despite the enormous price tag, Nike expects huge demand and is working to prevent the chaos and violence that has marred other shoe releases. This time around, Nike won't allow retailers to stage midnight sales events.
The exact release date hasn't been announced.
nike, celebrity, business
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley 38 min ago
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating 51 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery 33 min ago
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital 11 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Fresno police seek suspects in teacher's shooting 56 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday