iPhone 5 pre-orders sell out in one hour
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The first batch of Apple's iPhone 5 has already sold out on the company website.
The Cupertino-based company began taking orders at midnight, promising delivery by next Friday when the new phone goes on sale in stores.
Hours later, the expected delivery time grew to two weeks. That means people who didn't get an iPhone 5 when it started pre-orders will have to wait until at least Sept. 28 to receive their device.
Analysts say the quick rise in the expected delivery suggests much stronger demand than Apple expected.
apple, iphone, business
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits 5 min ago
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF 35 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 15 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision 27 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday