Spirit Airlines to charge new fees for carry-ons
If you're flying with Spirit Airlines, you'll want to pay attention to a new rule that goes into effect soon.
The airline says that if you don't pay for your carry-on luggage in advance, you'll have to pay $100 at the gate for each piece. If you tell the airline in advance that you'll have carry-on luggage, the cost is between $20 and $35 a piece.
Spirit is one of the few carriers who charge for carry-ons. The airline says the charge is necessary to speed up the boarding process.
airline industry, business
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire