Prius is best-selling car in California
The Toyota Prius is the best-selling car in California, the state that buys more cars than any in the country.
Experian Automotive reports the 4 Prius models outsold every other passenger car in the state.
This year, more than 46,000 of the hybrid cars have sold here through the end of September.
However, truecar.com says the numbers could be misleading.
The standard Prius by itself only ranks 5th among California's hottest-selling cars.
gas prices, auto industry, electric vehicles, toyota, business
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 34 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
6 min ago