Prius is best-selling car in California
The Toyota Prius is the best-selling car in California, the state that buys more cars than any in the country.
Experian Automotive reports the 4 Prius models outsold every other passenger car in the state.
This year, more than 46,000 of the hybrid cars have sold here through the end of September.
However, truecar.com says the numbers could be misleading.
The standard Prius by itself only ranks 5th among California's hottest-selling cars.
gas prices, auto industry, electric vehicles, toyota, business
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle 18 min ago
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 47 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos