Facebook employees' share coverts into stock soon
There will be some new millionaires in the Bay Area as the restriction is about to be lifted for Facebook employees who own company stock.
The employees' share in the company will be converted into stock Thursday and can be sold starting Monday.
Facebook workers own nearly 225 million shares -- about $5.2 billion worth, but they may wait to sell.
Facebook's stock price is still way below its initial public offering of $38, closing on Wednesday at $23.23 a share.
facebook, wall street, stocks, business
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire