Facebook employees' share coverts into stock soon
There will be some new millionaires in the Bay Area as the restriction is about to be lifted for Facebook employees who own company stock.
The employees' share in the company will be converted into stock Thursday and can be sold starting Monday.
Facebook workers own nearly 225 million shares -- about $5.2 billion worth, but they may wait to sell.
Facebook's stock price is still way below its initial public offering of $38, closing on Wednesday at $23.23 a share.
facebook, wall street, stocks, business
- War vet Merrill Newman lands at SFO Saturday 40 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man' 30 min ago
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday