Facebook employees' share coverts into stock soon
There will be some new millionaires in the Bay Area as the restriction is about to be lifted for Facebook employees who own company stock.
The employees' share in the company will be converted into stock Thursday and can be sold starting Monday.
Facebook workers own nearly 225 million shares -- about $5.2 billion worth, but they may wait to sell.
Facebook's stock price is still way below its initial public offering of $38, closing on Wednesday at $23.23 a share.
facebook, wall street, stocks, business
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting