Kelly Clarkson, Jerry Rice kick off Microsoft store opening
CORTE MADERA, Calif. -- The likes of pop singer Kelly Clarkson and former 49ers football star Jerry Rice will be marking the opening of a Microsoft Store in Corte Madera this weekend, according to Microsoft officials.
The store's opening celebrations will begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Village at Corte Madera.
The official opening will kick off with free tickets distributed to see Kelly Clarkson perform later that afternoon for the first 2,000 or so people in line for the computer and software store opening.
Starting at 2 p.m. lines will open for fans to prepare for the "American Idol" pop star Kelly Clarkson live concert at 4 p.m.
The opening celebrations will continue Sunday with former 49ers wide receiver Jerry Rice playing Kinect with customers starting at 1:30 p.m.
Kinect is an interactive, full-body video game.
Store officials said customers in line early are more likely to get the chance to take on the football legend at the store.
The store, which offers Microsoft software, PC hardware and other electronics, is part of a series of openings throughout the U.S. this year.
The store is located next to Free People across from Williams Sonoma at the shopping center located at 1640 Redwood Highway.
For more information about the opening visit www.facebook.com/MicrosoftStore.
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case