Recreational crab season underway
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Sports fishermen know the significance of the first Saturday in November -- the start of the recreational crab season. It officially started at midnight.
Dungeness crab season brings out lots of fishermen who get a 12-day jump on commercial crabbers. Their season doesn't open until November 15.
Prime crab fishing occurs in the waters of Bodega Bay, San Francisco Bay, Half Moon Bay, and Monterey Bay.
Recreational crabbers are limited to six to 10 crabs per catch.
We're told this year they can expect to find an abundance of Dungeness crabs.
san francisco bay, half moon bay, monterey bay, food, business
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall 47 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos