Recreational crab season underway
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Sports fishermen know the significance of the first Saturday in November -- the start of the recreational crab season. It officially started at midnight.
Dungeness crab season brings out lots of fishermen who get a 12-day jump on commercial crabbers. Their season doesn't open until November 15.
Prime crab fishing occurs in the waters of Bodega Bay, San Francisco Bay, Half Moon Bay, and Monterey Bay.
Recreational crabbers are limited to six to 10 crabs per catch.
We're told this year they can expect to find an abundance of Dungeness crabs.
san francisco bay, half moon bay, monterey bay, food, business
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 45 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway 49 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown