Recreational crab season underway
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Sports fishermen know the significance of the first Saturday in November -- the start of the recreational crab season. It officially started at midnight.
Dungeness crab season brings out lots of fishermen who get a 12-day jump on commercial crabbers. Their season doesn't open until November 15.
Prime crab fishing occurs in the waters of Bodega Bay, San Francisco Bay, Half Moon Bay, and Monterey Bay.
Recreational crabbers are limited to six to 10 crabs per catch.
We're told this year they can expect to find an abundance of Dungeness crabs.
san francisco bay, half moon bay, monterey bay, food, business
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike 53 min ago
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 25 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday