Thousands of Hostess workers on strike around U.S.
There are picket lines this morning at Hostess plants nationwide, including one in Oakland.
Thousands of bakery workers are on strike right now three days after the company imposed a contract that would cut wages by 8 percent.
Workers at the Colombo Bakery in Oakland and a Hostess plant in Sacramento are among those who walked off the job. Hostess says products are still being made and shipped at least for now. Hostess filed for bankruptcy in January.
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos