Thousands of Hostess workers on strike around U.S.
There are picket lines this morning at Hostess plants nationwide, including one in Oakland.
Thousands of bakery workers are on strike right now three days after the company imposed a contract that would cut wages by 8 percent.
Workers at the Colombo Bakery in Oakland and a Hostess plant in Sacramento are among those who walked off the job. Hostess says products are still being made and shipped at least for now. Hostess filed for bankruptcy in January.
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits 5 min ago
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF 35 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 15 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision 27 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday