Consumer Reports disputes Ford's gas mileage claim
Claims of great gas mileage for a new car from Ford are being contradicted by Consumer Reports.
The redesigned 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid is said to get 47 miles-per-gallon on the highway, in the city, and combined. That's really good mileage. However, Consumer Reports says its testing of the Fusion found the mileage to be much lower.
"We measured 35 miles-per-gallon in city driving, 41 highway and 39 overall. That's good fuel economy, but it's far short of 47 mpg that Ford is claiming," said Rik Paul from Consumer Reports.
Ford contends it has heard from some of its drivers of the Ford Fusion that they've gotten more than 47 miles per gallon.
Ford adds driving styles and other factors can cause mileage to vary.
consumer reports, ford, business
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Sex trafficking case investigated in Berkeley
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos