Consumer Reports disputes Ford's gas mileage claim
Claims of great gas mileage for a new car from Ford are being contradicted by Consumer Reports.
The redesigned 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid is said to get 47 miles-per-gallon on the highway, in the city, and combined. That's really good mileage. However, Consumer Reports says its testing of the Fusion found the mileage to be much lower.
"We measured 35 miles-per-gallon in city driving, 41 highway and 39 overall. That's good fuel economy, but it's far short of 47 mpg that Ford is claiming," said Rik Paul from Consumer Reports.
Ford contends it has heard from some of its drivers of the Ford Fusion that they've gotten more than 47 miles per gallon.
Ford adds driving styles and other factors can cause mileage to vary.
consumer reports, ford, business
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 9 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 57 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday