Consumer Reports disputes Ford's gas mileage claim
Claims of great gas mileage for a new car from Ford are being contradicted by Consumer Reports.
The redesigned 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid is said to get 47 miles-per-gallon on the highway, in the city, and combined. That's really good mileage. However, Consumer Reports says its testing of the Fusion found the mileage to be much lower.
"We measured 35 miles-per-gallon in city driving, 41 highway and 39 overall. That's good fuel economy, but it's far short of 47 mpg that Ford is claiming," said Rik Paul from Consumer Reports.
Ford contends it has heard from some of its drivers of the Ford Fusion that they've gotten more than 47 miles per gallon.
Ford adds driving styles and other factors can cause mileage to vary.
consumer reports, ford, business
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated 2 min ago
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Pope Francis named TIME's Person of the Year
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 30 min ago
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide 19 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday