FedEx to ship 19 million packages on Dec. 10
Shipping companies expect to hit new volume records this holiday season.
FedEx predicts that Monday December 10 will be the busiest day in company history.
The shipping company expects to move 19-million packages on Monday, alone. That is more than double the typical day's volume.
For the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas FedEx says it delivered 280-million packages. That's 13 percent more than 2011.
FedEx says December 22 is the last day to send packages in time for Christmas delivery.
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF 15 min ago
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos