FedEx to ship 19 million packages on Dec. 10
Shipping companies expect to hit new volume records this holiday season.
FedEx predicts that Monday December 10 will be the busiest day in company history.
The shipping company expects to move 19-million packages on Monday, alone. That is more than double the typical day's volume.
For the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas FedEx says it delivered 280-million packages. That's 13 percent more than 2011.
FedEx says December 22 is the last day to send packages in time for Christmas delivery.
- Bay Area communities wake up to freezing temps
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- BART unions file lawsuit against transit agency
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos