American Airlines announces new add-on fees
American Airlines has announced a major shift in the way it charges passengers for tickets.
The carrier announced new add-on fees customers can tack on to their tickets that will allow them to board earlier, change flights without penalty, and check a bag for free.
The changes in the fare structure only apply to flights that operate in the 48 contiguous states.
airline industry, american airlines, travel, transportation, business
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos