American Airlines announces new add-on fees
American Airlines has announced a major shift in the way it charges passengers for tickets.
The carrier announced new add-on fees customers can tack on to their tickets that will allow them to board earlier, change flights without penalty, and check a bag for free.
The changes in the fare structure only apply to flights that operate in the 48 contiguous states.
airline industry, american airlines, travel, transportation, business
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday