AppData says fewer people are using Instagram
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco company that tracks apps says fewer people are using photo sharing service Instagram.
AppData says Instagram has lost 25 percent of its daily active users in the past few weeks. The numbers do not reflect whether changes to Instagram's terms of service agreement actually caused that drop to happen.
Facebook, which owns Instagram, disputes the report, saying the data isn't accurate. It says the number of Instagram users is actually up this year.
social media, apps, instagram, facebook, business
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 37 min ago
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
33 min ago