AppData says fewer people are using Instagram
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco company that tracks apps says fewer people are using photo sharing service Instagram.
AppData says Instagram has lost 25 percent of its daily active users in the past few weeks. The numbers do not reflect whether changes to Instagram's terms of service agreement actually caused that drop to happen.
Facebook, which owns Instagram, disputes the report, saying the data isn't accurate. It says the number of Instagram users is actually up this year.
social media, apps, instagram, facebook, business
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday