Zynga starts new year by killing off 11 games
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Online game maker Zynga is starting the new year by killing off eleven of its social media games.
Some of the games that won't be around in 2013 include PetVille, FishVille, ChefVille, ForestVille and Mafia Wars 2.
PetVille allowed users to adopt virtual pets. It had over seven million likes on Facebook, but only 60,000 daily users.
The San Francisco-based company says it's shifting focus to smartphone and gambling games.
zynga, video game, smartphones, facebook, iphone, iPad, business
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 17 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday