Trader Joe's raises price of "Two Buck Chuck"
The price of the popular "Two Buck Chuck" wine is no longer only two bucks.
The grocery chain Trader Joe's has raised the price from $1.99 to $2.49.
The famous Charles Shaw wine was introduced in 2002.
Though the price varies from state to state, it has stayed at two bucks in California for years.
Traders Joe's says it had no choice but to raise the price due to increased costs.
wine industry, business
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 38 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 30 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop" 51 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos