Trader Joe's raises price of "Two Buck Chuck"
The price of the popular "Two Buck Chuck" wine is no longer only two bucks.
The grocery chain Trader Joe's has raised the price from $1.99 to $2.49.
The famous Charles Shaw wine was introduced in 2002.
Though the price varies from state to state, it has stayed at two bucks in California for years.
Traders Joe's says it had no choice but to raise the price due to increased costs.
wine industry, business
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 15 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 30 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 17 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 26 min ago
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members 7 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 32 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 37 min ago