Merger expected beween American & U.S. Airways
A deal to create a new airline giant is in the works. Sources say a merger between American Airlines and U.S. Airways worth more than $10 billion could be announced next week.
The Wall Street Journal reports the two are just hashing out the last major details right now after nearly a year of talks.
American debuted a new logo and paint scheme on some of its jets a few weeks ago; a move that some now say was a sign the deal was good to go.
The new carrier is expected to retain the American Airlines name and be based out of Texas.
american airlines, airline industry, business
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos