Warren Buffett bumped from Forbes Top 3 richest people
Forbes Magazine says Mexico's Carlos Slim remains the world's richest man, but there's a big change in some of the other top spots.
Slim, a telecommunication magnate tops the list for the fourth year in a row with a net worth of $73 billion.
Bill Gates held on to second place at $67 billion.
Spanish clothier Amancio Ortega moved into the top three with a net worth of $57 billion, pushing Warren Buffett to No. 4. It's the first time Buffett has been out of the top three since 2000.
A record 1,426 people made Forbes' latest annual tally of billionaires, up 16 percent from last year.
warren buffett, business
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 18 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos