H&R Block error may delay 600,000 tax returns
A simple omission is leading to a refund delay for up to 600,000 tax returns.
Returns filed by H&R Block may be delayed for an error on the student tax credit form 8863.
In previous years, preparers could leave a field blank to indicate "no." This year, they have to enter the letter "N." it seems H&R Block wasn't doing that.
Those forms will be delayed 6-8 weeks.
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos