Walmart wants customers to deliver packages in return for discount
Walmart is considering a new plan to have store customers deliver packages to online buyers in exchange for a discount.
The retailer says it's trying to compete with Amazon and other online retailers. The new system would work by giving customers the option to sign up as a mini delivery service for Walmart.
They would agree to take packages to people in the area where they live in return for a discount on their shopping. That discount would also cover the cost of the gas.
shopping, walmart, amazon, business
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 53 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 35 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 8 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 8 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 7 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 15 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
35 min ago
- Should you be concerned about living on the...
24 min ago
- 'Science cheerleaders' send experiment into...
29 min ago