Virgin launches daily San Jose, Los Angeles flights
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- There was a big celebration in San Jose Wednesday where a Bay Area-based airline is launching new flights. Virgin America of Burlingame is adding four daily roundtrip flights from San Jose to Los Angeles.
On Wednesday morning, Sir Richard Branson, who owns a stake in Virgin America, joined San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed to celebrate the new route and the new jobs that come with it.
Mineta San Jose International Airport staged a red carpet welcome.
san jose, los angeles, virgin america, chuck reed, airline industry, mineta san jose international airport, jobs, business
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 11 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 32 min ago
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
32 min ago