Apple's new headquarters to significantly impact I-280
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- A new review has found that Apple's new, spaceship-inspired headquarters in Cupertino will have a significant impact on a nearby freeway.
On Thursday, Cupertino city officials released a draft of the environmental impact report on the tech giant's new home.
The report found that thousands of commuters will be dealing with what it calls an "unacceptable level" of congestion on Interstate 280 during the morning rush hour.
This report comes on the heels of an economic impact report released this week by apple.
It says the new headquarters would bring thousands of new jobs to the area, and dump billions of dollars into the local economy.
apple, steve jobs, tim cook, silicon valley, cupertino, art, smartphones, tablets, computers, websites, internet, iPad, iphone, construction, jobs, I-280, traffic, transportation, business
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY 36 min ago
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning 16 min ago
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos