Apple's new headquarters to significantly impact I-280
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- A new review has found that Apple's new, spaceship-inspired headquarters in Cupertino will have a significant impact on a nearby freeway.
On Thursday, Cupertino city officials released a draft of the environmental impact report on the tech giant's new home.
The report found that thousands of commuters will be dealing with what it calls an "unacceptable level" of congestion on Interstate 280 during the morning rush hour.
This report comes on the heels of an economic impact report released this week by apple.
It says the new headquarters would bring thousands of new jobs to the area, and dump billions of dollars into the local economy.
apple, steve jobs, tim cook, silicon valley, cupertino, art, smartphones, tablets, computers, websites, internet, iPad, iphone, construction, jobs, I-280, traffic, transportation, business
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF 23 min ago
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire 39 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday