Apple's new headquarters to significantly impact I-280
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- A new review has found that Apple's new, spaceship-inspired headquarters in Cupertino will have a significant impact on a nearby freeway.
On Thursday, Cupertino city officials released a draft of the environmental impact report on the tech giant's new home.
The report found that thousands of commuters will be dealing with what it calls an "unacceptable level" of congestion on Interstate 280 during the morning rush hour.
This report comes on the heels of an economic impact report released this week by apple.
It says the new headquarters would bring thousands of new jobs to the area, and dump billions of dollars into the local economy.
apple, steve jobs, tim cook, silicon valley, cupertino, art, smartphones, tablets, computers, websites, internet, iPad, iphone, construction, jobs, I-280, traffic, transportation, business
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday