Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer on the auction block
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is on the auction block. Mayer is offering to have lunch with the top bidder on the charity auction site Charitybuzz.
The lunch will take place at Yahoo's Sunnyvale headquarters and the proceeds will benefit the Aspire East Palo Alto Charter School.
The top bid right now is about $57,000. Bidders have until June 27 to place an offer.
Last month, Apple CEO Tim Cook held a similar auction lunch with him went for more than $600,000.
yahoo, marissa mayer, silicon valley, charities, fundraiser, business
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 44 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland 57 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 18 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter 21 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday