Survey shows double-digit jump in Bay Area home prices
A new housing survey out Thursday morning shows year-to-year home prices here in the Bay Area experienced a double-digit jump. That's according to real estate firm "Clear Capital."
Home prices in Santa Rosa saw nearly a 16 percent increase.
The San Francisco-Oakland area experienced a change of almost 18 percent.
And homes in the Silicon Valley saw a 19 percent increase, largely thanks to the blooming tech sector in the South Bay.
The part of the country with the highest jump in home prices was Phoenix, Arizona.
oakland, silicon valley, santa rosa, real estate, housing market, business
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family 55 min ago
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area 6 min ago
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser 41 min ago
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Police investigating fatal accident in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited...
55 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish...
41 min ago