Survey shows double-digit jump in Bay Area home prices
A new housing survey out Thursday morning shows year-to-year home prices here in the Bay Area experienced a double-digit jump. That's according to real estate firm "Clear Capital."
Home prices in Santa Rosa saw nearly a 16 percent increase.
The San Francisco-Oakland area experienced a change of almost 18 percent.
And homes in the Silicon Valley saw a 19 percent increase, largely thanks to the blooming tech sector in the South Bay.
The part of the country with the highest jump in home prices was Phoenix, Arizona.
oakland, silicon valley, santa rosa, real estate, housing market, business
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos