Survey shows double-digit jump in Bay Area home prices
A new housing survey out Thursday morning shows year-to-year home prices here in the Bay Area experienced a double-digit jump. That's according to real estate firm "Clear Capital."
Home prices in Santa Rosa saw nearly a 16 percent increase.
The San Francisco-Oakland area experienced a change of almost 18 percent.
And homes in the Silicon Valley saw a 19 percent increase, largely thanks to the blooming tech sector in the South Bay.
The part of the country with the highest jump in home prices was Phoenix, Arizona.
oakland, silicon valley, santa rosa, real estate, housing market, business
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 34 min ago
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday