Chipotle lists menu items containing GMOs
Chipotle Mexican Grill has taken the lead to come clean about using genetically-modified organisms in its food. The fast food chain that markets itself as healthy and fresh is now listing all menu items that include GMOs on its website.
It's the first chain in the United States to disclose the information.
Ingredients containing GMOs include tortillas, rice and all varieties of meat, except pork carnitas.
Chipotle aims to completely phase out GMOs from its menu.
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday