Google: Crazy interview questions were 'waste of time
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- Google has admitted that those off -the-wall brainteasers it used to quiz potential hires were useless and a waste of time.
The company asked brainteasers like, "'how many golf balls will fit in a school bus?" They now admit that such questions served primarily to make the interviewer feel smart.
Google says it will now standardize interviews so job candidates can be assessed consistently.
By the way, half a million golf balls fit into a school bus.
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos