Google: Crazy interview questions were 'waste of time
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- Google has admitted that those off -the-wall brainteasers it used to quiz potential hires were useless and a waste of time.
The company asked brainteasers like, "'how many golf balls will fit in a school bus?" They now admit that such questions served primarily to make the interviewer feel smart.
Google says it will now standardize interviews so job candidates can be assessed consistently.
By the way, half a million golf balls fit into a school bus.
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 26 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- School marching band hit by robber gets big donation 13 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday