Marrisa Mayer holds first Yahoo shareholders meeting since taking over
Marissa Mayer took part in her first Yahoo shareholders meeting since she took over as CEO last year and the company had plenty of news to share.
Yahoo says user activity is up 10 percent, while the company's stock price is up 60 percent over last year. Photo uploads have quadrupled since the Sunnyvale company relaunched Flickr.
The company also showed off a new mobile weather app and an email app for tablets.
Also at the meeting, several shareholders urged Mayer to do something about the firing of Wal-Mart workers who had tried to go on strike. Mayer is on the board of Wal-Mart.
marissa mayer, yahoo, silicon valley, business
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday