Marrisa Mayer holds first Yahoo shareholders meeting since taking over
Marissa Mayer took part in her first Yahoo shareholders meeting since she took over as CEO last year and the company had plenty of news to share.
Yahoo says user activity is up 10 percent, while the company's stock price is up 60 percent over last year. Photo uploads have quadrupled since the Sunnyvale company relaunched Flickr.
The company also showed off a new mobile weather app and an email app for tablets.
Also at the meeting, several shareholders urged Mayer to do something about the firing of Wal-Mart workers who had tried to go on strike. Mayer is on the board of Wal-Mart.
marissa mayer, yahoo, silicon valley, business
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future 32 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events 29 min ago
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos