Marrisa Mayer holds first Yahoo shareholders meeting since taking over
Marissa Mayer took part in her first Yahoo shareholders meeting since she took over as CEO last year and the company had plenty of news to share.
Yahoo says user activity is up 10 percent, while the company's stock price is up 60 percent over last year. Photo uploads have quadrupled since the Sunnyvale company relaunched Flickr.
The company also showed off a new mobile weather app and an email app for tablets.
Also at the meeting, several shareholders urged Mayer to do something about the firing of Wal-Mart workers who had tried to go on strike. Mayer is on the board of Wal-Mart.
marissa mayer, yahoo, silicon valley, business
- San Leandro police search for missing 10-year-old boy 26 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 9 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 58 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 13 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
49 min ago