Marrisa Mayer holds first Yahoo shareholders meeting since taking over
Marissa Mayer took part in her first Yahoo shareholders meeting since she took over as CEO last year and the company had plenty of news to share.
Yahoo says user activity is up 10 percent, while the company's stock price is up 60 percent over last year. Photo uploads have quadrupled since the Sunnyvale company relaunched Flickr.
The company also showed off a new mobile weather app and an email app for tablets.
Also at the meeting, several shareholders urged Mayer to do something about the firing of Wal-Mart workers who had tried to go on strike. Mayer is on the board of Wal-Mart.
marissa mayer, yahoo, silicon valley, business
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record 16 min ago
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 24 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday