Barnes & Noble to stop making NOOK color tablets
NEW YORK (KGO) -- Barnes and Noble announced on Tuesday it will stop making its NOOK color touchscreen tablets.
The nation's largest traditional bookseller says its eBook devices are failing to keep up with the competition.
As a result, it's pushing the company to a net loss that more than doubled from a year ago.
Barnes & Noble will continue to make its more basic black and white eReaders.
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 26 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 28 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting 16 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday