Barnes & Noble to stop making NOOK color tablets
NEW YORK (KGO) -- Barnes and Noble announced on Tuesday it will stop making its NOOK color touchscreen tablets.
The nation's largest traditional bookseller says its eBook devices are failing to keep up with the competition.
As a result, it's pushing the company to a net loss that more than doubled from a year ago.
Barnes & Noble will continue to make its more basic black and white eReaders.
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 58 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 33 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Stanford grad wins big deal on "Shark Tank"
11 min ago