Study: Nearly half of all video gamer users are women
It appears more and more women are getting into the game. Video games, that is.
A new study by the Entertainment Software Association found women are 45 percent of players and 46 percent of the most frequent game buyers.
That's sharply contrasted by the fact that most games are marketed toward teenage boys and young men.
Industry experts say millions of women have eased into the gaming world via social and smartphone games, or through family interactions.
study, video game, smartphones, social media, business
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 30 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco 20 min ago
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified 17 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 35 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 7 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos