J.C. Penney under fire for back-to-school television ad
J.C. Penney is under fire for a back-to-school television ad.
The ad features a voice-over from a mother saying a son's clothes could make or break him for the entire year.
Then, it shows the student sitting alone at a lunch table.
Some parents say the spot promotes bullying and puts pressure on cash-strapped parents.
J.C. Penney responded by saying the ad wasn't intended to trivialize or promote bullying.
The ad is no longer part of its current TV campaign.
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court 41 min ago
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear...
41 min ago