J.C. Penney under fire for back-to-school television ad
J.C. Penney is under fire for a back-to-school television ad.
The ad features a voice-over from a mother saying a son's clothes could make or break him for the entire year.
Then, it shows the student sitting alone at a lunch table.
Some parents say the spot promotes bullying and puts pressure on cash-strapped parents.
J.C. Penney responded by saying the ad wasn't intended to trivialize or promote bullying.
The ad is no longer part of its current TV campaign.
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 48 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 17 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault 33 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos