YouTube quietly unveils new logo
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- YouTube has quietly unveiled a new logo.
The new logo, which they posted on Facebook and Twitter Thursday, does away with the 3D button look and plump font. It's slimmer with a flat "play" button.
It first appeared last week on the redesigned Android and iPhone apps.
The old logo still appears on YouTube's website, so it's unclear whether the new logo will replace the old one or just be an alternative to the original.
YouTube is owned by Mountain View tech giant Google.
facebook, twitter, youtube, mountain view, social media, internet, websites, business
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 38 min ago
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam 42 min ago
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game 9 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying 10 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Firework thrown into bleachers during...
9 min ago