Fresh and Easy chain sold, some stores to close
The Fresh and Easy grocery chain has been sold and the company says some stores will close.
Billionaire Ron Burkle is taking over the chain. And while details of the deal were not released, Burkle will acquire more than 150 of the chain's 200 stores.
Fresh and Easy has 15 stores in the Bay Area. But it's unclear whether any of them are on the closure list.
Sales will begin Wednesday in stores slated for closure ... With most merchandise marked down 25-percent.
The deal is expected to be compiled within three months.
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos