Kmart gets grief for advertising layaway program for Christmas
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Attention Kmart shoppers. It is almost Christmas.
Kmart is taking a lot of grief for skipping all of the fall holidays and getting straight to the December holiday shopping season.
The retailer is running ads for its layaway program.
Seems like a legit heads up to me, but many consumers see it as starting the shopping season way to early.
Retail analyst Jan Kniffen says retailers don't have much choice, but to start early. She told us, "The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the shortest it can ever be on retail selling days. They have to start earlier."
This isn't exactly a new phenomenon. Last year Target ran its first holiday ad October 7th.
kmart, shopping, business
- SFPD SWAT in standoff with shooting suspect
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos