Two Bay Area Fresh and Easy stores to close
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Two of the Bay Area's newest grocery stores will shut their doors for good Thursday.
The Fresh and Easy markets in West San Jose and San Francisco's Bayview District will close Thursday afternoon.
The chain was sold earlier this month. Everything on the shelf is being sold at half-off to get rid of inventory.
Workers found out they were losing their jobs during a conference call last week.
Seventeen other Fresh and Easy stores in the Bay Area will remain open, for now.
food, bayview hunters point, san jose, business
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday