Two Bay Area Fresh and Easy stores to close
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Two of the Bay Area's newest grocery stores will shut their doors for good Thursday.
The Fresh and Easy markets in West San Jose and San Francisco's Bayview District will close Thursday afternoon.
The chain was sold earlier this month. Everything on the shelf is being sold at half-off to get rid of inventory.
Workers found out they were losing their jobs during a conference call last week.
Seventeen other Fresh and Easy stores in the Bay Area will remain open, for now.
food, bayview hunters point, san jose, business
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California 35 min ago
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond 8 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Los Angeles subway dig finds prehistoric artifacts
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos