Twitter could file IPO papers this week
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco-based Twitter is expected to file initial public offering papers as early as this week, according to the Wall Street Journal.
That means Twitter stock could begin trading in late October or early November if the offering goes as planned.
Twitter announced earlier this month that it had made a confidential filing with regulators. Its IPO is one of the most anticipated in recent years, but it's expected to be far smaller than Facebook's offering.
Private markets have valued twitter at around $10 billion.
twitter, SEC, IPO, business
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 53 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 58 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos