'Fortune' issues list of 25 highest paid businesswomen
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Fortune Magazine issued its annual list of the 25 highest-paid businesswomen and the top three are from the Bay Area.
Coming in at the top of the list, is Safra Catz, the chief financial officer at Oracle, in Redwood Shores. She made $43 million.
Second is Yahoo chief executive Marissa Mayer, who made $36 million last year.
Third is Sheryl Sandberg, the chief operating officer at Facebook -- she makes around $26 million.
And at No. 10 is Hewlett Packard's Meg Whitman, who took home $15 million last year.
Other well compensated women in the Bay Area include: Renee James, the head of software and services for Intel, Laura Alber, the chief executive officer for Williams Sonoma and Carrie Tolstedt the senior vice president for community banking at Wells Fargo.
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 40 min ago
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults 55 min ago
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 39 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday