'Fortune' issues list of 25 highest paid businesswomen
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Fortune Magazine issued its annual list of the 25 highest-paid businesswomen and the top three are from the Bay Area.
Coming in at the top of the list, is Safra Catz, the chief financial officer at Oracle, in Redwood Shores. She made $43 million.
Second is Yahoo chief executive Marissa Mayer, who made $36 million last year.
Third is Sheryl Sandberg, the chief operating officer at Facebook -- she makes around $26 million.
And at No. 10 is Hewlett Packard's Meg Whitman, who took home $15 million last year.
Other well compensated women in the Bay Area include: Renee James, the head of software and services for Intel, Laura Alber, the chief executive officer for Williams Sonoma and Carrie Tolstedt the senior vice president for community banking at Wells Fargo.
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school 33 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 27 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
5 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos