Genentech expanding Vacaville facility, hiring 200 people
VACAVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Bay Area biotech giant, Genentech announced Tuesday it's expanding its manufacturing facility in Vacaville and hiring another 200 people.
The company plans to invest $153 million on the Vacaville expansion. Genentech says that will make it the biggest biotech facility in the world.
In addition to manufacturing jobs, Genentech will also hire more scientists, engineers and other professionals for the site.
vacaville, genentech, business
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn 41 min ago
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF 21 min ago
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos