Genentech expanding Vacaville facility, hiring 200 people
VACAVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Bay Area biotech giant, Genentech announced Tuesday it's expanding its manufacturing facility in Vacaville and hiring another 200 people.
The company plans to invest $153 million on the Vacaville expansion. Genentech says that will make it the biggest biotech facility in the world.
In addition to manufacturing jobs, Genentech will also hire more scientists, engineers and other professionals for the site.
vacaville, genentech, business
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 13 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike 15 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 23 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
13 min ago