Genentech expanding Vacaville facility, hiring 200 people
VACAVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Bay Area biotech giant, Genentech announced Tuesday it's expanding its manufacturing facility in Vacaville and hiring another 200 people.
The company plans to invest $153 million on the Vacaville expansion. Genentech says that will make it the biggest biotech facility in the world.
In addition to manufacturing jobs, Genentech will also hire more scientists, engineers and other professionals for the site.
vacaville, genentech, business
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 11 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 12 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos