Tesla founder Elon Musk plans submarine car
LONDON (KGO) -- Tesla founder Elon Musk is ready to start a new project and he has James Bond to thank.
Musk confirms he recently purchased the submarine car prop used in the 1970's Bond film "The Spy Who Loved Me."
He bought it at an auction in London this September for $989,000.
Musk says he was disappointed to learn it actually didn't transform into a sub. But the eccentric billionaire is going to change that. He plans to convert it into a real car that can actually transform into a sub. And, he plans to use a Tesla electric power plant to make it happen.
tesla, london, movies, business
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 36 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 18 min ago
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos