Tesla founder Elon Musk plans submarine car
LONDON (KGO) -- Tesla founder Elon Musk is ready to start a new project and he has James Bond to thank.
Musk confirms he recently purchased the submarine car prop used in the 1970's Bond film "The Spy Who Loved Me."
He bought it at an auction in London this September for $989,000.
Musk says he was disappointed to learn it actually didn't transform into a sub. But the eccentric billionaire is going to change that. He plans to convert it into a real car that can actually transform into a sub. And, he plans to use a Tesla electric power plant to make it happen.
tesla, london, movies, business
- Broken water line in San Francisco's Lower Haight 49 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat 33 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday