Survey: Record year for top CEOs
While wages remain stagnant for most Americans, the same isn't true for America's 10 highest paid CEOs.
A new survey shows it was a record year for folks like Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. The social media king took home a $2.27 billion in total compensation last year.
Energy executive Richard Kinder earned $1.16 billion. It's the first time that two CEOs have ever earned more than $1 billion in a year.
Apple chairman Tim Cook is the fifth highest paid CEO, at more than $143.8 million.
facebook, tim cook, mark zuckerberg, business
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond 16 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 27 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire