Survey: Record year for top CEOs
While wages remain stagnant for most Americans, the same isn't true for America's 10 highest paid CEOs.
A new survey shows it was a record year for folks like Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. The social media king took home a $2.27 billion in total compensation last year.
Energy executive Richard Kinder earned $1.16 billion. It's the first time that two CEOs have ever earned more than $1 billion in a year.
Apple chairman Tim Cook is the fifth highest paid CEO, at more than $143.8 million.
facebook, tim cook, mark zuckerberg, business
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 23 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in burglary in Richmond 5 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
12 min ago