'Butterball' announces fresh turkey shortage
Butterball has announced a bird shortage which is affecting fresh turkeys that weigh in at 16 or more pounds.
The company is cutting all supermarket orders by 50 percent to supply all markets with at least some birds.
The company's turkeys aren't growing as fast as they have in the past but, don't worry. There are still plenty of frozen turkeys from Butterball, as well as fresh birds from other producers available for Thanksgiving this year.
food, holiday, thanksgiving, business
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 41 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 44 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos