'Butterball' announces fresh turkey shortage
Butterball has announced a bird shortage which is affecting fresh turkeys that weigh in at 16 or more pounds.
The company is cutting all supermarket orders by 50 percent to supply all markets with at least some birds.
The company's turkeys aren't growing as fast as they have in the past but, don't worry. There are still plenty of frozen turkeys from Butterball, as well as fresh birds from other producers available for Thanksgiving this year.
food, holiday, thanksgiving, business
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos