Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
It's the end of the line for the Volkswagen van.
Production on the iconic VW Kombi van will wrap up in just a few weeks.
Brazil is the only country in the world still producing the vehicle that was a favorite among hippies and surfers.
Production is stopping because Volkswagen says it cannot change production on the van to meet new safety regulations.
The company has launched 1,200 special last edition vans for collector -- and they're already sold out.
auto industry, driving, business
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case